Another muffin recipe for you to ring in the new year! Who doesn’t like blueberry muffins? Well…me, I would rather eat plain blueberries and a big salad with sardines in the morning. I know, isn’t that fabulous? But, if I had to eat a muffin, these would be the ones!!
I love baking with teff and buckwheat for the extra protein. I have made other versions of this muffin:
They are light, soft and filling. Most importantly, all four kids give them two thumbs up. They freeze well, thaw well, don’t fall apart and don’t drop crumbs everywhere (VERY IMPORTANT)!
INGREDIENTS: look for an ingredient link at the bottom of the page.
8 bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
1 cup teff flour
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup almond butter
2 cups frozen organic blueberries
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin tins with parchment liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine teff flour, buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, eggs and almond butter. Beat well with an electric hand beater or a sturdy whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the banana mixture. Fold until combined and then beat briefly with a sturdy whisk or electric beater. (Don’t beat with an electric beater before incorporating with the dry ingredients or you will have a flour mess.)
- Fold the frozen blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until they are firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand. Once cool enough to touch, transfer from tin to a wire rack to cool completely.
These muffins are best served warm with a little organic butter.
Always look for organic berries. They are a heavily sprayed crop so choose organic!
Use THIS LINK for an additional 20% off your first 3 orders.